Sunday, November 29, 2009

Promoting Your self.


OK  I keep hearing you have to get yourself out there.   The more you are seen the better.  So how do we go about promoting our selves?   Create a blog or a web site.  Check, did that.  Get your work in the public eye.  This is difficult in times of recession.  Most galleries are struggling to sell what they have and are reluctant to take on more work.  So when I was approached by my local bank to exhibit my work for one day.  I said tell me more.  The Bank of Ireland is promoting small local business for the week and they wanted to know if I would like to promote mine.  Well why not my art is my business, and it will give me some exposure in my town.  So Monday the 7th of December from 10am to 4pm I will be exhibiting some of my soft pastels and hopefully sell one or two.  If not I am putting my self out there.  If you are in the area, please stop by Bank of Ireland on New Street In Killarney and say hello.

No comments: